1.23.2008

An international affair...



When the question of RL location comes up while chatting in-world the conversation seems to go in two directions...

1.) You enthusiastically exclaim your country of origin and get a tremendous amount of positive feedback from the inquirer.
2.) You enthusiastically exclaim that your country of origin is the United States. The inquirer then gives their condolences.

Since my rezz day I have never gotten a positive response about being American. What I have gotten is a lot of stereotypes and insults. So let me set the record straight about that...

A lot of americans are fat, but not all of us... and what's so awful about being fat anyways? It's not like it makes you a bad person. So shut your trap about it you heifer and eat your potato salad.

Americans are not stupid. Al Gore invented the internet. So one of us must be smart.

We don't all like George Bush. In fact, I'm not sure I know anyone personally who supports him. It's not our fault a bunch of slack-jawed yokels from the swamps voted for their inbred cousin.

We all like McDonalds and eat fast food for every meal and it is wonderful.

Which brings me to my point...today for the first time on SL I was kind of proud to be an American.. because of these cute shirts I saw @ Kenzie... Being the liberal college student that I am, I grabbed the Obama for yo Mama option. My friend from the UK had to have a "Hilary is my home girl" tee for himself as well. Very exciting election. Unfortunately the Clinton shirt was way cuter than the Barack shirt. That's discrimination for ya.

And if you are still hating on Americans after all this time than stop playing SL because it's made by Americans...turd.

5 comments:

The Main Man said...

I couldn't agree more Kelli. You usually find it's the further Eastern Europeans or Canadians that actually believe the stereotypes of America, like...

1. France
2. Germany
3. France
4. Dominican Republic
5. France

The only reason these countries are so jealous of America is because the rest of Europe already knows how shite they are but the US isn't really in a position to see it. How can a Canadian even laugh at an American "You're not included in one of the greatest superpowers, you speak French and the Queen governs you ey?"

Elsa Weatherwax said...

Yea... I've had Canadians talk shit to me face to face in RL for being American.... when will the rest of the world come to terms with the greatness of America? Even though we're at a low point at the moment the United States is still better than 97% of the world... don't we produce that percentage of the world's emissions as well? Lol... just try and stop us.

^and this is why everyone hates us.. and I could care less.

Tenshi said...

rotfl :D

Daniel said...

Oh I love America, I love it that you jump and scream for your politicians and we just stand and applaud. I love it that you are programmed to be naturally loud and that when you introduce yourselves to me on holiday you use your full name..'hello there, Im Ted America we are from the United States you know'.....

I love Elsa weatherwax the crazy fashionista that she is, I love Hilary Clinton and her Xanex addiction (a vote for Hilary is a vote for free drugs friends) I love it that Bush was brought in to clean up the mess that Bill made, and i gather it was some mess on the floor...(Monica Lewinski)

I love the Queen also, dont dis her she is fabulous. All those jewels!

The Dominican Republic.... im not sure that is in europe main man, the Caribbean perhaps.

I do love the UK though. God save her and all who sail in her xxx

Foxy Fadette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.